FlameSpec-IR3 is the next generation of Triple IR Flame Detector, it is being introduced to further enhance the protection and safety for those high risk and high value industries.
The FlameSpec-IR3 will detect fires and explosions extremely fast, thus allowing preventative action to be initiated even more rapidly and minimizing the consequences! It provides ultra-fast response, high performance and reliable detection of all types of hydrocarbon fires (visible and non-visible). The detector addresses slow growing fires as well as fast eruption of fire using improved Triple IR (IR3) technology. It operates in all weather and light conditions with highest immunity to false alarms. The unmatched detection times and distances are:
- Detection within 40 milliseconds of fireballs or explosions
- 1.2 seconds – for 1 square foot n-heptane pan fire at up to 15m
- <4.1 seconds– for 1 square foot n-heptane pan fire at up to 70m
Add to that, the integral event recording, on top of the proven superior capabilities of Triple IR (IR3) flame detection and you have a very powerful safety tool to protect your personnel, plant and process.
FlameSpec-IR3–HD has the addition of Integral HD quality video, with event recording, on top of the proven, superior capabilities of Triple IR (IR3) flame detection, providing a very powerful safety tool to protect personnel, plants, and processes. The detectors high-definition (HD) video output of the monitored area provides clear imaging of a fire event and of personnel at distances up to 30m. This allows the rescue team to be aware of the exact situation before entering the hazardous area. The detector automatically records video of any fire event (1 minute pre- and up to 3 minutes post alarm initiation). These features, along with the built-in event logger, provide additional means to study the cause and development of fire events for “lessons learned” reviews.
FlameSpec-IR3 and IR3-HD:
- Extreme sensitivity - up to 80m for a 0.1m² n-heptane pan fire.
- Ultra-fast detection mode - detection within 40 milliseconds for fireballs or explosions.
- 1.3 second detection time - for 0.1m² n-heptane pan fire at up to 15m distance.
- Data/Event logger - alarms, faults and other relevant events are logged to non-volatile memory.
- Built-in-Test (BIT) - Automatic and manual self-test of window cleanliness and the overall operation of the detector.
- Window heater to avoid condensation and icing.
- Tilt mounting bracket can be connected either above or below the detector.
- High immunity to false alarm.
- HD video output with Automatic HD video recording of fire events. Visualization of hydrogen flames that are invisible to the human eye.
- Ethernet communication – in addition to the standard methods, such as Relays, 4-20mA and Modbus.
SPECIFICATIONS FlameSpec IR3 and IR3HD:
Detection time and distance:
40ms for fast fireburst or explosion
2.6s for 0.1m² panfire at 0–30m
3.7s for 0.1m² panfire at 30–70m
Field of View: 90° Horizontal, 75° Vertical
Time Delay: 0-30 seconds
Built in Test: Automatic and Manual
Operating Voltage: 24 Vdc nominal (18-32 Vdc)
Current Consumption: Standby: 120mA, Operation: 180mA all systems in operation (including window heater)
Electrical Entries: 2 x conduit entries 3/4" 14NPT or M25 x 1.5 Wiring 12-20 AWG (2.5 – 0.35mm²)
Relays: Volt-free contacts rated 2A at 30 VDC Alarm–normally open, Fault–normally closed
Analogue Output: 0-20mA (stepped) current output 3 wire and 4 wire (isolated) configurations (sink and source), with HART overlay.
Local Indication: Tri-colour LED
Size: 140 x 90 x 90mm
Weight: Detector (Stainless Steel 316): 3.0kg Tilt mount (Stainless Steel 316): 1.5kg
Temperature Range: Operating: -55°C to +85°C Storage: -55°C to +85°C
Humidity: Up to 99% (RH), non-condensing
Ingress Protection: IP66 & 68 (2m, 24hr); NEMA 4X & 6P
ATEX: I I 2 G D Ex db IIC T5 Gb or Ex db eb IIC T5 Gb and Ex tb IIIC T95°C Db -55°C<Ta<75°C Ex db IIC T4 Gb or Ex db eb IIC T4 Gb and Ex tb IIIC T105°C Db -55°C<Ta<85°C
FM & FMC Class I, Div. 1, Groups B, C & D; T4 Class I, Zone 1, AEx/Ex db IIC T4 Gb T4-50°C≤Ta≤85°CT5-50°C≤Ta≤75°C
Performance Approval: ANSI FM 3260 EN 54 -10
Functional safety: SIL2, per IEC 61508
Marine Approval: DNV GL: Designed to meet standard DNVGL-CG-0339 for open-deck locations Temperature class D; Vibration Class A, B and C
SPECIFICATIONS FlameSpec IR3HD only:
Current Consumption: Standby: 180mA, Operation: 250mA all systems in operation (including window heater)
Size: 200 x 130 x 130mm
Weight: Detector (Stainless Steel 316): 4.4kg Tilt mount (Stainless Steel 316): 2.4kg
HD Video: Allows clear imaging of fire and people at 30m distance
Video recording: Alarm events 1 minute pre-event and up to 3 minutes post-event
System integration protocol: ONVIF (Open Network Video Interface Forum) Profile S
Digital Output (for video): IP network IEEE 802.3 10Base-t
Composite video output: NTSC or PAL