FlameSpec-UV-IR model - UVIR flame detector providing ultra-fast response, high performance and reliable detection of a large variety of fires including hydrocarbon fires (visible and nonvisible), as well as Hydrogen fires. The detector addresses slow growing fires as well as fast eruptions of fire using improved UV IR technology. The detector operates in all weather and light conditions.
FlameSpec-UV-IR-F model - Same As FlameSpec-UV-IR but does not see hydroxyl and hydrogen fires and IR sensor that operates at a wavelength of 4.0-5-0μm.
FlameSpec-UV-IR-HD and UV-IR-F-HD models - In addition, the detector provides high-definition (HD) video output of the monitored area with clear imaging of a fire event and of personnel at distances up to 30m.This allows the rescue team to be aware of the exact situation before entering the hazardous area. The detector automatically records video of any fire event (1 minute pre- and up to 3 minutes post alarm initiation). These features, along with the built-in event logger, provide additional means to study the cause and development of fire events for “lessons learned” reviews.
FlameSpec-UVIR all models:
- Hydrogen, Inorganic and Hydrocarbons flame detection.
- Ultra-fast detection mode detection within 5 milliseconds for fireballs or explosions.
- High sensitivity - up to 30m for a square foot n-heptane pan fire.
- High immunity to false alarms.
- Data/Event logger - alarms, faults and other relevant events are logged to non-volatile memory.
- Ethernet communication – in addition to the standard methods, such as 4-20mA and Modbus.
- Built-in-Test (BIT) - Automatic and manual internal self-test of window cleanliness and the overall operation of the detector (for both IR and UV channels).
- Window heater to avoid condensation and icing.
- Tilt mounting bracket can be connected either above or below the detector.
- Configurable detection mode – allows configuration of UV-IR, UV or IR detection modes.
FlameSpec-UVIR–HD and UVIR-F-HD only:
- HD video output with Automatic HD video recording of fire events. Visualization of hydrogen flames that are invisible to the human eye.
- Ethernet communication – in addition to the standard methods, such as Relays, 4-20mA and Modbus.
SPECIFICATIONS FlameSpec UVIR and UVIRHD:
Detection time and distance:
<5ms for fast burst of explosion
1.5s for a square foot pan fire at 0–15m
<3s for a square foot pan fire at 15–30m
Field of View: 90° Horizontal, 75° Vertical
Time Delay: 0-30 seconds
Built in Test: Automatic and Manual
Operating Voltage: 24 Vdc nominal (18-32 Vdc)
Current Consumption: Standby: 120mA, Operation: 180mA all systems in operation (including window heater)
Electrical Entries: 2 x conduit entries 3/4" 14NPT or M25 x 1.5 Wiring 12-20 AWG (2.5–0.35mm2)
Relays: Volt-free contacts rated 2A at 30 Vdc Alarm–normally open, Fault–normally closed
Analogue Output: 0-20mA (stepped) current output 3 wire and 4 wire(isolated) configurations (sink and source), with HART overlay.
Local Indication: Tri-colour LED
Size: 140 x 90 x 90mm
Weight: Detector (Stainless Steel 316): 3.0kg Tilt mount (Stainless Steel 3 16):1.5kg
Temperature Range: Operating: -55°C to +85°C Storage: -55°C to +85°C
Humidity: Up to 99% (RH), non-condensing
Ingress Protection: IP66 & 68 (2m, 24hr); NEMA 4X & 6P
ATEX: I I 2 G D Ex db IIC T5 Gb or Ex db eb IIC T5 Gb and Ex tb IIIC T95°C Db -55°C<Ta<75°C Ex db IIC T4 Gb or Ex db eb IIC T4 Gb and Ex tb IIIC T105°C Db -55°C<Ta<85°C
FM & FMC Class I, Div. 1, Groups B, C & D; T4 Class I, Zone 1, AEx/Ex db IIC T4 Gb T4-50°C≤Ta≤85°CT5-50°C≤Ta≤75°C
Performance Approval: ANSI FM 3260 EN 54 -10
Functional safety: SIL2, per I EC 61508
Marine Approval: DNV GL: Designed to meet standard DNVGL-CG-0339 for opendeck locations Temperature class D; Vibration Class A, B and C
SPECIFICATIONS FlameSpec UVIRHD only:
Current Consumption: Standby: 180mA, Operation: 250mA all systems in operation (including window heater)
Size: 200 x 130 x 130mm
Weight: Detector (Stainless Steel 316): 4.4kg Tilt mount (Stainless Steel 316): 2.4kg
HD Video: Allows clear imaging of fire and people at 30m distance
Video recording: Alarm events 1-minute pre-event and up to 3 minutes post-event
System integration protocol: ONVIF (Open Network Video Interface Forum) Profile S
Digital Output (for video): IP network IEEE 802.3 10Base-t
Composite video output: NTSC or PAL